Your Partner in Protecting What Matters
For more than 25 years, the U.S. Department of Defense and other agencies have trusted Battelle to solve some of their most complex Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear & Explosive (CBRNE) challenges. We help agencies effectively prepare, mitigate and respond to CBRNE threats through threat analysis; Research, Development, Training and Evaluation (RDT&E); mission support; and product development. We develop comprehensive solutions targeted to your needs through the use of our specialty, high-hazard chemical, biological and explosive test facilities and deep cross-disciplinary expertise spanning the medical, public health, food safety and energy sectors.
- Threat Assessment: Conduct CBRNE threat characterizations; assess, model, predict and measure CBRNE hazards; gather CBRNE-related intelligence; and evaluate risk management alternatives. Battelle uses powerful modeling tools, studies and analyses to identify theoretical and experimental threat characterization, enabling you to make risk-informed investments for our nation’s CBRNE defense planning. Proven energetics modeling expertise allows us to simulate weapons’ effects and countermeasures in the laboratory in order to study and predict likely effects on the battlefield or among civilian populations, while enhancing countermeasures.
- High Hazards Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E): Cut testing and evaluation time and drastically reduce operation and maintenance costs with Battelle’s mobile field-testing capabilities. Battelle develops CBRNE defense products and tests them with “live agents” in specialized facilities to accurately represent real-world environments and better predict, identify and protect against these threats.
- Medical Surveillance, Diagnostics & Intervention: Protect military and civilian targets against all-too-real chemical and biological threats with Battelle’s innovative medical solutions. We study, develop and test medical CBRNE delivery mechanisms (in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo) and countermeasures under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and integrate human, animal, plant and environmental data and tools in order to detect, diagnose and deploy life-saving solutions.
- Mission Support Services: Develop your strategy, adapt and apply laboratory methods, assess risk, train on CBRNE operations and systems, and mobilize a network of researchers throughout your organization using Battelle’s broad spectrum of on-site support services.
- Products & Life Cycle Management: Improve your existing CBRNE detection equipment to maximize your budget without sacrificing operational performance. Take advantage of Battelle’s operational expertise and advanced manufacturing capability to design and build CBRNE detection, protection and decontamination equipment; provide ongoing logistics support for field equipment; and conduct live-agent testing for real-world scenarios.